Hair-raising Halloween looks that are sure to turn heads
Every Halloween you’re faced with the same routine. You say to yourself, “I’m just going to stay in this year and hand out candy.” A week goes by, and your friends and coworkers are already planning out their epic, yet cheesy couples costumes. You’re already half-way through the month and so proud of yourself for staying strong and not walking into the Spirit Halloween store, just to “see what’s new on the shelves this year.” Before you know it, its October 30th and you’re suffering from a severe case of FOMO (fear of missing out). This time around, let’s just skip all the nonsense and admit it. This is the only time of the year that it is socially acceptable to party with clowns, zombies, and superheroes, so why not go all out!
We want to help you look camera ready for Halloween, so if you want to shock and stun your friends with the best costume of 2017, give us a call at 804.768.0131 to book your consultation.
Need a little boost to spark some spook-tacular ideas? Take a look at a few of our favorite hair-centered costumes.
BRING TV TO REALITY
- Daenerys Targaryen - While the nine noble families fight for control over the lands of Westeros, you will be sittin’ pretty on the Iron Throne as the best dressed Queen of Dragons. This costume has been a fan favorite since 2011 when the show first aired, but not many Khaleesi look-alikes have been able to nail down those iconic, icy-blonde braids.
- A Walker – We are all anxiously awaiting the season 8 premiere of AMC’s The Walking Dead on October 22nd. In the meantime, let us harness our apocalyptic obsessions in your zombie-makeover. This classic costume will never go out of style, and the best part is, no matter how your night is going, you can never ruin your hair or makeup!
- Lagertha Lothbrok– If you haven’t had a chance to watch the History Channel’s drama series, Vikings, you are missing out. To compliment this she-warrior fauxhawk, adorn yourself with natural leather and fur textiles to immerse yourself in the 8th century world of the Vikings.
- 1920’s Flapper – Whoever told you that a costume is all about the clothing, told you wrong. This Gatsby inspired look is all about the hair and accessories. Dig up last year’s New Year’s Eve dress and transform yourself into a 1920’s party animal! With the perfect headband, this makes for a great option for short hair too.
- Steampunk Updo – Whether you are looking to achieve a classic Victorian updo, or it’s edgy, steampunk counterpart, this look is sure to make a statement. When you’re in the right hands, you’ll look like you just walked off the set of an upcoming blockbuster hit!
- 1950’s Pinup – Bettie Page, Rita Hayworth, Marilyn Monroe…the list goes on and on. Celebrate these glam-beauties with the classic red lips, winged liner, and clean curls that have been turning heads for decades.
WOMEN THAT PACK A PUNCH
- Diana of Themyscira – Or better known as superhero we all know and love, Wonder Woman. The 2017 box office juggernaut is empowering young women all over the world! It only makes sense to tip your hat to the new “hero of the year”. While everyone else plans to ornament their voluminous curls with the iconic Amazonian headdress, why not stand apart by rocking a warrior-braid that is ready for battle.
- Rey – This Jakku scavenger blew our socks off in the 2015 hit, Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Strut like a Jedi with this playful fauxhawk as you lead the Resistance at this year’s festivities.
- Mrs. J – Sometimes playing the villain is just as fun (if not more) than being the hero. Jared Leto introduced a new sexy and mysterious portrayal of the infamous Joker in 2016’s Gangster Squad. With a splash of temporary green hair color and a dash of edgy eyeliner, you’ll be ready to overtake Gotham City. Because who said boy’s get to have all the fun.
Posted on Fri, September 29, 2017
by kevin p